Gretel
Scarlet
Axel
Caramia
Wizard of Oz -Admin-
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Event thread] Meteor Shower Gathering - Page 2 Empty Re: [Event thread] Meteor Shower Gathering

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul - 5:32

Suzume sighed as she looked around the alleyway to make sure she didn't miss anything before looking back out at the crowd where she noticed a masked male walking towards her. Squeaking, she tensed up and blinked a few times before looking down at the ground since she knew he had seen her small mishap. The brunette didn't like a lot of attention so the fact that she had done something that got a lot of attention made her quiver in fear at being arrested or worse, shot. After all she was a member of the Wolf Gang, thus her reputation was not a good one just because of that. Thinking about this, Suzume gulped and straightened back up as her breathing was still quick due to her nerves. She couldn't look weak in front of this man or anyone else here because of who and what she used to be. Her blue eyes were trying to focus on anything but the person approaching her currently as she stuffed a few pieces of candy into her mouth to make herself calm down just a bit.

Timidly, she left the shadows and stepped fully into the area that was brightly lit. Seeing Soh, she wished to run over and hide in his cart, however, she knew that if she did then Soh would get asked odd questions which didn't sit well with her at all. She then thought about running to Cupid for help, but that also didn't seem like a good idea because the other Grimm members were there. Sighing she simply awaited her fate of meeting the masked birdman thing that was coming towards her. 'Life really hates me today it seems...'

Back to top Go down

[Event thread] Meteor Shower Gathering - Page 2 Empty Re: [Event thread] Meteor Shower Gathering

Post by Robin Hood Sun 31 Jul - 6:06

The closer he got the more he was certain he didn't know this girl. He hoped that perhaps she was new to town like Lilith and maybe she'd just hadn't had the time to see him yet. It was important that he see everyone in town. He couldn't cure people if they didn't see him and he liked to make sure he minimized any impact new people might on the townsfolk with foreign colds or touches of flu. It was said that he could cure anything and he certainly worked hard to do so. But that only worked if people saw him and frequently. He hoped she hadn't been avoiding him.

It seems that coming her today was a good idea. He would have to thank Lilith later for stopping by.

"Good evening Miss." He said with her best bedside manner. "I don't believe I've had the pleasure to make you acquaintance. I'm the town doctor." He gave a small polite bow and offered his hand in greeting. "The name is Robin. And you are?"
Robin Hood
Robin Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith Sun 31 Jul - 6:16

The city was a lot bigger than she thought.  She was lucky Robin was giving her the grand tour, otherwise she was sure she would lose herself pretty easily.  It would be pretty troublesome of her if she were to run an errand for him and could not find her way.  

Reaching The Plaza, her senses were filled with the bustling of the festival.  Her eyes shined as she took it all in; the twinkling glow of sparklers, the bustling crowd and the positive atmosphere.  She never seen so many people in one place and not have a full out brawl.  This place was certainly from another world, there was no way this was right outside the slums all this while.  Careful not to lose him, she stayed glued to Robin's side. With many unfamiliar faces amongst the crowd she fought the urge to hold on the side of Robin's cloak, as a child would; the last thing she wanted is be alone in an ocean of strangers.
Suddenly, Robin pointed out a girl amongst a group and brought her over to greet each other.  Almost as soon as the two of them walked up the group, he bowed himself out and left her to return later.

Ah, ocean of strangers it is then. She mentally sighed.

Though, she was confident it had to be something important.  Now to the matter at hand, she was now faced with three strangers.  The first, was a small serious faced boy draped in a red hooded cloak.  The second, was a very flowery girl with wings.  The third, was the one Robin had pointed out was Gretel; she at least knew that, so maybe she should start there.

Alright, psych yourself up, Lilith. You need to make friends.  Good first impressions only!

"I-I'm Lilith, nice to meet you."  She nervously smiled at the group before addressing Gretel. "You must be Gretel.  I saw the presents you left behind for us at the clinic earlier. What interesting drawings they were, I don't think I've seen anything like them myself."  

Good start!

She was confident she did a good job with introducing herself, she could only hope they were as easy to talk to as Robin was.
Lilith
Lilith

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretel Sun 31 Jul - 7:11

Gretel narrowed her eyes as she watched the doctor approach. Couldn't he see this was a private Grimm event. The reason she'd walked them all the way over here was so that people would leave them alone. And he was coming up with Pashet? No, it wasn't Pashet. She didn't even know who this was. The doctor had been close with her family once. She didn't want the reminder of that. Not tonight.

He greeted everyone politely, but Gretel responded with a simple clicking of her tongue. She had seen him quite enough lately. He didn't seem to get the hint as he then introduced something that looked like a weird version of Pashet. He excused himself, off to do who knows what when the strange girl turned her attention to their group, particularly Gretel. However, Gretel wanted none of it and gave the girl a pointed look.

"If you mean my magic runes, it's only because that quack of a doctor can't do anything right. You should be thanking me for improving your medicine." What was she? Although seeing animal ears wasn't that peculiar (all of the boots mafia had them), this girl still looked strange. She reminded her too much of the Stivali to not have Gretel be automatically suspicious of her. Also, she was hanging out with that no good quack, so she had working against her too. "if you haven't seen anything like that before, you must lead a very uninteresting life." She didn't warrant a nickname yet. Gretel would keep an eye on this one, though.
Gretel
Gretel

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sun 31 Jul - 11:30

As he follows in silence, he follows Gretel’s example and unwraps the apple. He did say he wanted to wait until there would be more of a chance to enjoy it, and now that there are others around him also enjoying the same thing, he minds it less. It’s not often that Scarlet has time for little treats like this, and because of the atmosphere, it tastes especially good. He looks to Cupid and says and small, Thank you.

He still has some wishes of trying to go up to the hill, but the spot Gretel picks is just right for this occasion, since the stars of this festive night are still in full view. It’s amazing how such a homely and wonderful feeling can come up from being able to stand beside members of his family as he watches this, but he’s very glad about it, a small smile faintly visible on his lips, his eyes glowing with interest. Even if after the incident they had lost some spark, some vibrancy among the extra seriousness and pressure, it seems to be returning, little by little.

Ah, right, Gretel. Scarlet says, obviously relieved that Gretel seems to be having fun, in her own way. That’s why he takes the firework firmly. It does feel right, more natural, and more presentable to his own mind in comparison to the paper that is usually folded and lit. This is a good chance for him to try something, though he isn’t sure how willing he would have been if Gretel hadn’t asked him. More importantly, this feels like Gretel, like his family, a version that’s befitting to them all, under the same sky, in a quiet break from the laughter. So he accepts a match, glances between Cupid and Gretel, and ignites his own paper. His wish, though he doubts it really can be true, in that moment, he believes in it in full as he wishes in the near-silence.

As the sparks fly and the comfort of the air stays, Scarlet’s attention is immediately put back on alert by the noise of something toppling over nearby. He wants to look into it, worried it could ruin the sanctity of the night, worried that it’s negligence on his part that allowed it. The borders are being watched, so is it just the carelessness of joyful children or some sort of outside danger trying to sneak and strike later. It’s difficult to not jump to the worst when it’s such an important night, when it’s a part of his job. He’s supposed to be on break, but safety comes first. His stare turns in that direction, a small concerned release of breath passing his lips in the meantime.

His stressed state of thought is interrupted by the arrival of Robin Hood and someone else. Someone new? She’s likely on decent terms with Robin Hood, given the situation. He has to wary anyway, considering what had just happened. Good evening, Scarlet nods after Robin Hood greets them. Yeah, nice to meet you as well, Lilith-san, Scarlet says to her greeting, sending glances in the direction Robin Hood went, since it seems he went towards where the noise occurred. He doesn’t miss what she says about Gretel though, and he really doesn’t miss what Gretel says back. He really does wish Gretel wouldn’t cause so much trouble for the Doctor, and that’s putting the incident aside. Now really isn’t the time to think about that, but he has to wonder – what if he hadn’t suddenly changed? What if Hansel wasn’t so busy and he could also be here? How different would things be? He has to think about it… would the same people be here?

He still wants to do his own investigating about the noise, but he doesn’t just want to up and leave a conversation. It’s not that meeting someone new is tying him back, but the presence of his family is. Gretel, it’s fine… He says, soft but stern. He’d rather the trouble at the clinic not be the focus of this night. It’s part of his wish after all: Peace. He’s clearly concerned, but he stills does share the cautious behavior of Gretel, in a quieter sense. Cupid may not be so similar that way, but it’s the contrast of air that makes her easy for others to approach, which is astounding, he thinks. He’ll wait to stop his break until after he hears what Cupid and Gretel want to do, and after their short encounter with Lilith is safely resolved. 
Scarlet
Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith Mon 1 Aug - 23:49

Gretel's words hit Lilith pretty hard as her ears drooped a little.  Her feelings were fine, she had been verbally maimed worst before; her pride on the other hand was a different story.

Ah, did I say something wrong? Am I really just bad at making friends?

Lilith's bedside manners was something she was always complimented on.  Though,  patients and healthy potential friends seemed pretty different, kind of.  She was much more confident when she was caring for someone as opposed to this sort of thing.  At the very least, she did get a much kinder response from the red hooded boy, though he seemed pretty intense in his own way.  

Not wanting to escalated the situation, she nodded with a nervous laugh, "Aha, uninteresting.  You might be right."  Well, she wasn't entirely lying when she agreed with the grumpy girl, she had spent her time since moving either at the clinic and hunting herbs.

Giving a glance around, she wasn't entirely sure where her company went.  The crowd seemed as thick as ever, finding him would be a task, but she didn't want to impose too much on Gretel and her friends.  Plucking the edge of her skirt she gave a small curtsy, "It was great meeting you three, but I shouldn't linger much longer.  Feel free to come by the clinic if you ever need anything, I'll happily help you if I am around."  With a turn of her heel she quickly left the three behind her to carry on with what they were originally doing.

Considering he sticks out like a sore thumb, he shouldn't be too hard to find..

Luckily, he hadn't strayed too far as Lilith's ears easily picked him out.   She carefully squeezed herself around a few festival-goers saying 'sorry' and 'excuse me' excessively until she finally was able to get a hold of Robin's sleeve.  Still feeling a bit dejected over the friend ordeal, she kept to herself a bit.  He did seem busy talking to someone and she didn't want to intrude, but she felt more comfortable here than there.

Last edited by Lilith on Tue 2 Aug - 0:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : How to spell orz)
Lilith
Lilith

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretel Tue 2 Aug - 0:32

The Grimm family had their moment together but it seemed like that was going to be the end of it. It looked like Scarlet got to wish, though. That was all she cared about. Everyone else had the rest of the night but Scarlet would probably go back to work after this. It was getting far too crowded here. The doctor would come back and who knows who else would join their party.

She had someone else she wanted to see anyway.

"Ever since that quack showed up the atmosphere has turned foul. I'm not waiting around for him to come back and ruin more of my night." Seeing him made her feel a bad since her wish would make him miserable. She didn't want thoughts of him to taint it; to make her second guess herself.

Before Scarlet had time to chastise her she headed off to see the Soh. Since Hansel was busy she planned to ask him to help her tonight. But first...

When she got to his stall it was busy. He'd probably been working all night too, just like Scarlet would have. He'd probably hadn't had a single moment to himself. There was this great spot behind his cart that was well hidden when it was dark like this. She'd been around it enough lately to notice it. Too much, actually, and yet here she was again.

She set up the fireworks so that they were well hidden; Caramia, Axel, and Scarlet shouldn't see them there. It was an awfully big job to light them all at by herself. She could have set them up so that she could light them all at once but that would have taken a lot more prep and the longer they were out the greater chance someone on security would find them. She just needed one more set of hands, and there was only once person either then Hansel she could even think to ask.

She walked away from the fireworks; looking back once more just to make sure they were well hidden. Soh was still so busy. She hoped he'd be able to pull himself away for a bit.

The closer she got the more nervous she became. What was she thinking, asking Soh? She should try to do it on her own. She thought of turning back around when her eyes met his.

She sighed. No turning back now. She approached as calmly as she could. "You haven't had a break yet, have you?" She knew the answer before he even spoke. She took from her bag a sweet she had made for him; complete with sparklers, a little different than the ones she's made for Scarlet. "I have something I want you to help me with at the end of the night so I'll give you a hand right now." She pulled a pen and pad from her bag and turned her back towards him. "Though I wouldn't take too long. I'm not good with customers."
Gretel
Gretel

Back to top Go down

Post by Soh Tue 2 Aug - 1:03

Even though he was so busy, he was still enjoying himself; the biggest rush was almost over, he knew he soon wouldn't be able to accept any customers as his special was running out; having it sell off entirely was a big success in his mind. perhaps around twenty more people could be served, but no more, and then he could call it a night and catch a glimpse of the stars before heading home.

Just as he was done serving a very nice old man who complimented him on his hard work, his eyes met a familiar person's eyes. His face lit up with a bright smile, making him look incredibly pleased at the newcomer; it was different from his usual smile, the one he gave customers.

"Good evening Gretel!"

He greeted her quickly, still making sure everything was under control in his stall as he did have to keep on cooking and rush around. Of course her offer would allow him to relax a little, it was very nice. Seeing her offer him something, he quickly took it with a grateful nod, before carefully putting it away, showing a lot of care for it; he couldn't have it right away but would be sure to enjoy it later on.

"Thankyou so much for the present! I didn't take a break yet, no! Thanks a lot for the help, I'll trust you with the orders then. I had something put aside for you too! Whenever you feel like it, just come in the cart, I'll give it to you. I should be done in half an hour at most, especially with your help!"

He was full of energy, even after having spent a few hours working like crazy. His tone was a light and happy one, even as he rushed around the cart to get everything ready for the next orders; a few tickets hanging from the front of it seemed to indicate he had quite a few to work on really.
Soh
Soh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretel Tue 2 Aug - 1:59

Gretel tried her best to not be blunt with the customers though it was hard when people asked her questions like 'what was good?' How was she supposed to answer something like that... She had yet to find anything that Soh made that she didn't like, but to say that out loud? It was obvious that she was flustered as she tried not to say 'It wasn't the worst thing she'd ever had.' She answered instead with a 'these items have been very popular tonight' with a very forced smile and hoped that was good enough. Soh probably had no idea the effort it took to do this, to not reply with a threat, but she did her best to help out. How else would she convince him to meet her before the last meteor?

The time was grueling and seemed to go on forever, once things slowed down enough she headed to the cart like he said. Everything looked the same as the last time she was back here. She looked around the room. Her faced flushed when she remembered falling into him. She remembered the exact spot; she remembered far too much from that day.

"I'm done." This was more about how spent she was than a statement of her job completion. She tugged on lightly on the braid over her shoulder. "About that help... Hansel is busy tonight. I have some fireworks set up outside. I helped you so come light them with me!" That was not at all the speech she'd rehearsed and sounded more like an order. She hoped he'd still say yes.
Gretel
Gretel

Back to top Go down

Post by Soh Tue 2 Aug - 2:20

It truly was a great help; she'd done a lot for him, and seemingly didn't even know it. True, the customer service level had slightly dropped, but she'd surprisingly been fairly good at it. Still, it was all very helpful as it let him focus on the cooking aspect of it all, and saving him a lot of time.

And then the stocks were empty, save from the one bit he saved for her, and she was with him in the cart. This time she got in willingly, instead of being carried in awkwardly like last time. A good thing really.

"Thank you for your hard work,it was really helpful. I only have to close everything up now!"

That said, her request was a little odd. Was she even allowed to light fireworks...? Scarlet was in charge of security, so surely she was, if she mentionned it. It sounded like a good little surprise to end the night.

"Okay, no problems, it sounds like fun. Why don't you eat what I put aside for you while I close up, and then we go do the fireworks thing?"

That said he quickly went to start working on said closing up; a shame, the night wasn't quite over yet, but he had nothing left to sell. And a pretty big amount of money to bring home.
Soh
Soh

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Hood Tue 2 Aug - 4:56

Robin felt a tug at his sleeve and turned to see Lilith. He shouldn't have left her with the Grimms. If she'd come back to find him already then Gretel had probably been terrible. He thought that perhaps she'd have been in a better mood given the day, but it seems Gretel just couldn't help but be herself. Out of the Grimm family, she was the most like him. They both had these horrible deficiencies in their personalities that caused trouble for those around them, but they did nothing to change them. He didn't blame her for it, though; can't blame the child for their parents.

"Ah, Lilith. Sorry for disappearing on you. These crates fell, I was just checking to see if everyone was alright. I am the town's doctor first and tour guide second." He let out a little laugh. "I was just getting to know a new friend here. There seems to be an influx of new people recently." He gestured to the tall dark haired women in front of them.

"Did the Grimms treat you alright? Gretel can take a bit of getting used to."
Robin Hood
Robin Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrie Tue 2 Aug - 13:28

@gretel

Kyrie was quite lucky to have such a trustworthy, secretive and well paid informant that worked under him. The information about Gretel setting up and hiding some fireworks gave him something to occupy himself with. He stood up and brushed his pants off. He hated getting dirty but this was too good to pass up. "That should do it." he spoke quietly to himself with a smirk.

Sure enough his prediction was correct, that little brat had been up to something. Apparently she had arranged the fireworks to spell out something in the sky when they went off. Kyrie just couldn't have it saying what she had planned out, especially for the Oz family. With just a small amount of tinkering and readjusting he was able to rearrange them to spell out something totally different.

"Now to find a place so I will get a good look at her face when it happens." ,stifling a giggle.

Before leaving, he tossed a couple books of matches to the ground carelessly, the ones that Ande peddled exclusively. Just to ensure the blame would land elsewhere. Quietly but quickly he moved away from the vicinity, all to await this fun little trick. As soon as they went off, the new words would light up the night sky....

"I love you Scarlet, xoxo Gretel.

Kyrie could hardly wait, and the entire town would see it. He had to hand it to himself, the fact that the words would be outlined in a big red heart was the best part.

He leaned against a lamp post casually and put on his typical bored expression.
Kyrie
Kyrie

http://kyriexmisaki.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretel Tue 2 Aug - 16:22

"I'll wait," Gretel had made him something to eat too, she'd rather wait and eat it with him. She'd feel too nervous if she didn't have anything to do while he ate the one she made for him. She was already terrible nervous about it. What if he didn't like it? It wasn't as good as the stuff Hansel made. What if he didn't like the flavor? She should have gotten his preferences first.

"We could eat outside," Gretel squirmed. This felt so much like asking him to watch the meteor shower with her. Though, wasn't she? She began to blush as she usually did around him. If she was going to spend the night with anyone she was glad it was him. She didn't want him to see her face; she didn't have a fever to explain it away this time. It was much darker outside. Hopefully, it would make it harder to see.

"I'll be over by the fireworks. Come out when you are ready."
Gretel
Gretel

Back to top Go down

Post by Soh Tue 2 Aug - 20:56

"I'll be right here!"

Was all he said before vanishing back in his cart, cleaning up everything and making sure it simply would be ready for the next day. He worked away quickly and efficiently, his mind wandering while his body merely repeated movements he'd done every days for what felt like forever now. It was over in very little time. A few minutes after he'd left, he was back out of the cart, locking it, and walking toward the area she'd mentionned.

Of course he hadn't forgotten to take along his present, and had made sure to take her snack as well. A nicely heated tomato spread on the Grimm's best bread, complete with a bit of ham, spices and a generous layer of grated cheese that came straight from Heidi's farm. The special dish of the day, which had a huge success, and this was the last piece.

"Hey again. I brought you that snack I put aside from you, how about we eat before we light these up?"

The young man nodded toward the fireworks, before frowning just a little. He looked slightly uncomfortable, glancing in between the fireworks themselves and his livelyhood not far.

"Do you think we could move them a little? They're a bit close to the cart..."
Soh
Soh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretel Wed 3 Aug - 2:27

Gretel took the food from Soh. She recognised it, it was the most popular dish from the day. She remembered this because she had to tell a couple people they were out of it. Why did he still have one then? He could have sold it. She would have been happy with anything she'd gotten from him. This made it seem kind of special.

She began to eat. It was delicious, like everything he made. Though everything tasted better when she was with him. She watched him as she ate. He frowned a little and complained about the fireworks.

Gretel nearly choked on her food as she laughed. It was a short laugh but she did it none the less. She quickly returned her face to its usual scowl. "Of the two of us, I think I know a bit more about explosives. They are fine where they are."

She finished her food and grabs a pack of matches she'd gotten from Ande. "When you're ready." She lit the match and hoped Soh followed.
Gretel
Gretel

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Thu 4 Aug - 9:04

Of course. I’ll keep that in mind. Have a nice rest of your night, Lilith-san, Scarlet tells her as she leaves. Gretel certainly hadn’t been too friendly, but she’s still being a bit nicer than usual. She really had been looking forward to the event, so it made quite a bit of sense. This is still Gretel, no matter what. This is just how the Grimms are. They need to be careful, because of how everything had gone in the past. He almost wonders how it would be if things had turned out different, but at least things seemed to be somewhat all right-

-except for that crash.

He has to wonder if Robin Hood’s sudden departure after bringing Lilith over means that he’s inspecting such an event. It wouldn’t be surprising, since it should have been audible regardless of location, if they are near where he stands now.

Now that he thinks about it, the crowds are growing larger and larger, and it bothers him even more. Gretel, Lilith-san left to join him, so- Is Robin Hood actually going to rejoin them? Where did Gretel want to go? And… there she goes… Scarlet releases a soft sigh. This would be a good time to end his break. So he quietly says, Forgive me, but I really have to get back to work, as he carefully glances about.

It’s time to go. He knows that eventually, he’ll have to go again to apologize for the behavior of his family to others, especially considering what Lilith had said. He says another small sorry and thanks for the food, pulls up his hood, and steps off through the crowd. A little bit later, he notes that Robin Hood, in the distance, talking to a stranger. Should he interrupt them?

Ah-! Scarlet says, finding himself being pushed about within the bustle of the crowd. So much for that, but that’s fine. He rebalances himself and sets off to moving about, establishing just a bit more order and dealing with the hardly rowdy patron or two. He did wonder where Gretel had to run off to, but he’s sure she’s okay for now.

He’s glad that he got to try to participate in the event with his family. It’s a shame Hansel is so busy, because Scarlet does want to have a moment like that with all of them. He holds the rest of the sweets from earlier in his hands, moving quietly throughout the night, with the stars as a backdrop in the sky that he can see so clearly, no matter where he stands. 
Scarlet
Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 4 Aug - 20:23

Suzume blinked in surprise at the new person that appeared. She clearly used to be an animal by the ears she had. The brunette then looked back at Robin Hood and timidly smiled. "I-I'm Suzume and I haven't really been here that long. I'm more suited for the woods where I don't bother anyone with my clumsiness.", she stated before slightly bowing her head to the two. She didn't know what else to say as she tried to hide behind the crates a little to avoid their gazes. She especially wanted to avoid Robin Hood's since she could not see his face which scared her more than she wanted to admit. "I-I'm sorry if I disrupted anything by k-knocking over these crates earlier.", she apologized before looking back up at the two people who stood in front of her.

However, her blue gaze lingered on the girl with the animal ears on top of her head. Suzume was intrigued and wished to know more about her, aside from her name which she had heard Robin Hood say. 'Lilith? What a pretty name. She looks really shy and scared too... Maybe I can get to know her some more?', Suzume thought while giving the girl a small smile and a light wave of her hand as a greeting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soh Thu 4 Aug - 22:08

It was odd to hear Gretel LAUGH. He never heard her do that before, and it was very nice, it felt like they'd grown closer and were good friends now. It was also admittedly pretty cute, she probably should relax like this a little more often.

As she ate, he himself tried what she's gifted him; it was sweet and actually very good in his opinion. The young man took the time to really enjoy it before smiling at her.

"That was delicious."

That said, he still wasn't fully certain he liked the idea of fireworks so close to his cart. She did seem friendly, and she did know about explosives, so while it was probably a bad idea, he decided to trust her. Now he was done eating, he could really help out.

"Alright, if you're sure my cart is fine, I'll trust you... "

He quickly grabbed a match from the little packet left on the floor and kit it, following her lead.

"I don't know if it was a good idea to leave the matches right on the floor though, people could have played with it."

He wondered what kind of surprised she reserved for the people attending the festival. Hopefully it was just shapes and not some sort of mean message. He didn't really want to be involved in some bad stuff like that after all.
Soh
Soh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith Fri 5 Aug - 0:24

Still clinging to Robin's sleeve she looked the girl over in curiosity.  She didn't seem terribly mean or scary.  With her pride still a bit hurt, she managed to return Suzume's greeting with a small smile and wave of her own.

"N-nice to meet you."

Turning her attention to Robin, she nodded her head a bit slowly to his inquiry about her time with the Grimms.  She didn't want to worry the doctor with her rocky start with Gretel, too much.

"They were alright.  Gretel didn't seem too bad.  Maybe I should try to talk to her when she wasn't so grumpy."

Though, despite her bit of a miss with making friends with Gretel, she was having fun.  It was certainly different for her and she wasn't alone; so that was going for her.  She was sure things would work out eventually; surely she would have another chance to win her over.  

Taking her eyes off her masked security blanket, a sound caught her attention; a group of children happily chatting amongst themselves.  "What are you going to wish for?" one child ask another.  The other shook their head and crossed his arms, "I can't tell ya' that, then it won't come true, dummy."  The first child seems a bit annoyed that the opposing child wouldn't share their wish and ran off; the others soon followed suit.

"Stars that grant wishes. ."She murmured to herself glancing up at the star sprinkled night sky.  It was childish, but deep down she was curious if such things existed.  Her mind wandered as her eyes searched the sky as if looking for an answer.

Simply wishing wouldn't hurt; this is what the festival was for.  What would she wish for? She didn't have anything she particularly wanted.  Closing her eyes, she thought of all the things that were wish worthy.

I wish to be happy.  What ever may happen, I just don't  want to regret things anymore.

It was the only thing she could of possibly want even if it was a bit of a bland wish.  She was sure most were using their wishes in hopes for money or something like that, but it just didn't suit her to wish for that.
Lilith
Lilith

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretel Fri 5 Aug - 18:57

That was an odd comment about matches. Gretel had hers in her satchel. She made her wish as she lit her side of the fireworks. It was the same wish she made every year. For the return of Grimm's heart; for Hamelin to come back. Then finally everyone could be free. She'd be able to let go of the hatred for the other families for having broken up their family. Scarlet could be free of the sole responsibility of having to deal with the aftermath of Gretel's loneliness, even her brother would be free of her constant hanging around. They could all be friends with Fuka barring that the fireworks didn't convince her to join Grimm and leave Oz.

She watched the light-show expecting to see 'Adelheid, Anderson, Boots and Oz Suck. Fuka join Grimm.' Instead, the sky lit up with,

I love you Scarlet, xoxo Gretel.

Gretel stood there completely dumbfounded, unable to comprehend what she'd just seen. "That's not..." She couldn't breathe. Her face awash with the turmoil going on in her heart. There wasn't a worse set of words that could have appeared in the sky because it was true. But not in the way everyone was going to take it. Even if she denied it she wasn't sure anyone would believe her. She did have a habit of denying things she just didn't want to admit and quite a few people understood that. And the way she was concerned for Scarlet was heavy evidence against her. The best she could hope is that nobody would believe she'd do something so bold. That these weren't her fireworks. But she wasn't alone. There was a witness.

Oh, my god. SOH.

If there was one person she didn't want to see that, it was him. Yet here he was within an arms length of her. She couldn't even bring herself to look over at him. What could see even say? She could barely think; she couldn't be here right now, but she didn't want to go back to the mansion and see Scarlet either.

"I... have to go." Though to where she didn't know.
Gretel
Gretel

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sat 6 Aug - 7:32

Naturally, he’s still worried about Gretel, about how she ran off. He just wants to make sure everyone is okay, safe and sound, and enjoying themselves. Gretel’s still Gretel, but little things do seem noticeable. Maybe it’s just because he’s known her for so long, but usually if Hansel isn’t around, she still sticks by family... Did she have someone else to see? If she’s making friends for neutral days, then isn’t that good?

Ah, that’s right. Friends from other families really are only friends on Sundays.

It’s not time to think of the technicalities. They are all friendly today, allies for today, in some sense, some way. That doesn’t remove the stress upon Scarlet’s shoulder, the work he takes on for his family. As order is assured around him, in his area of watch, Scarlet really does understand this. He wants nothing more than, really, for his family to be happier, for peace to somehow come better for them after the storm they had found themselves dealing with. It’s rough being a Grimm, but they stick together.

Somehow, thoughts really do come up like this when Scarlet is able to process them. The area is clear, the sky is active, and he watches the stars pass with examining red eyes. Somehow, he felt like he had more time to look at them this year than in previous years. Is it because of the change in parts of the atmosphere, with so many new faces, or is it just because he’s allowing himself a breath this time?

Suddenly, a boom fills the air, and the sky ignites with not only the stars but other artificial lights. It’s drawing of course, but it isn’t the spectacular of the bang that catches Scarlet’s attention.

It’s the words.

I love you Scarlet, xoxo Gretel.

His heart pounds solely from the shock. It’s surprising, seriously, because it really isn’t like Gretel to be so bold.

Wait.

It’s directed toward… him?

Wait.

It’s from Gretel?

Is that why she’s been acting differently? Is that why she’s been so willing to leave? No, that couldn’t be it. They’ve always been family, and this is too different, even for Gretel.

It’s still embarrassing, and he’s still very confused, so he makes better sure his hood is up all the way and quickly starts off to find her. That had been very, very public, regardless of if it really had been her at the source of it. Still, she never would be that direct. Not like that. It’s not her. Not at all. At least, he’s not quite used to her being that way. She’s always been concerned for him, as a sibling-like person would be, Scarlet presumes, but would it be taken that way.

Gretel… where are you?

Is she all right? He has to find out, to ask her. It’s urgent and he wants to clear things up. That’s why he’s hurried, eyes darting quickly as he curses his unfortunately smaller stature for not being able to sift through crowds for her. Closer to the middle of the main plaza – he’ll try there! 
Scarlet
Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2